myFolio has a way to track faculty and staff professional development items (conferences, books, etc.) An approval workflow for these PD items can be configured by your school’s myFolio Admin. The PD form can also be customized with your own questions.
Faculty and staff can submit a PD item for approval.
The approval process can be set up in one of three ways:
Only supervisor approval.
Only a designated approver (one or more Folio user(s) can be set as an approver).
Supervisor approval first, then a designated approver.
myFolio has a notification icon that will indicate PDs awaiting approval, or for the submitter, PDs that have been approved/rejected.
The PD Insights page has been updated, so PD items can be summarized by approval status.
One or more customizable question field(s) can be added to the Professional Development page so that schools can ask “Will you require a substitute?”, “Please list travel costs.”, etc.
How to set up the Approval Process as a Folio School Admin
- Click Manage, then Customizations to reach the Customization Manager.
- Scroll down to the Professional Development section of this page.
- If you would like to add an additional question for the faculty or staff member to respond to when submitting their Professional Development item, turn the “Custom Professional Development Field” switch to “On.” An example of a custom field label (question) would be “Will you require a substitute?”
- Next, decide from the 4 available workflow options:
No Approval Required
Single Approval from Direct Supervisor
Single Approval from an Approver List (Specify below)
Double Approval (Supervisor first, Approver(s) second)
- If you have selected Single Approval from an Approver List or Double Approval, you will have to specify one or more Approvers.
- To do this, in the “Professional Development Approvers” box, start typing a user’s name and select them. (An Approver must have a Folio user account.)
- Remember to click the “Update” button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.