myFolio Release Notes
As part of our summer platform update, the Folio Collaborative released the following improvements and new features. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com, or by phone at (800) 452-5078 Ext. 1.
New look for Workspaces
- Goals Wizard customizations
- Steps 2 + 3 (“Challenges”) of the Goals Wizard can now be skipped
- Goals can now be associated with a Category and not just one of the school-created Themes
- Additional Check-in frequencies - “Weekly” and “Once,” in addition to the already existing
- “Monthly” interval have been added to Goals Check-ins
- New, slightly adjusted look to nearly every page in myFolio
- New file uploader
- New formatted text editor
- Improved responsiveness, so myFolio looks and works even better on phones and tablets
- Additional Check-in frequencies - “Weekly” and “Once,” in addition to the already existing “Monthly” interval have been added to Goals Check-ins
- Goals Check-ins can now be edited
- Improved Filtering
- Notes are now grouped by the custom Year End Summary form
- Improved export of content to CSV
- Improved display of the Goals Insights fields
- Exporting Goals from the Goals Insights page now includes more fields
New Look For Workspaces
We have updated the look and layout of Workspaces to make them easier to use.
Items are organized under “Tabs.”
- The Workspace main page features the Workspace Posts feed and the Leaders/Collaborators
- The Workspace Timeline overview and detail pages have a new look
- The Workspace Resources page displays items as tiles with thumbnails
- Members are on their own tab and are organized in tiles
Workspace Main Page
Workspace Timeline Overview
Goals and the Goal Wizard
The Goal Wizard was a big change to the way Goals are created in myFolio. People liked the structure provided by the Wizard. Some Member Schools asked about customizing the Wizard’s prompts to better fit their goal setting process and school culture. We listened and schools can now customize virtually all of the questions, prompts, etc. in the Wizard. We have also made other improvements to the Goal Wizard itself.
Goals Wizard Customizations
The vast majority of schools are happy with the default prompts built into the Goal Wizard. But for schools who would like to tailor the language in the Goal Wizard to better fit their school culture, many elements can now be customized.
Clicking on the Manage menu item “Goal Wizard Manager” (available only to myFolio Admins) brings you to a page where the Wizard prompts, etc. can be customized.
All of the Wizard’s steps have editable components. When you have made your changes, click the “Update” button at the bottom of the page.
Steps 2 + 3 (“Challenges”) of the Goals Wizard can now be skipped.
Skipping step 2 automatically skips step 3. The “Skip” button is automatically on in myFolio, so there is no need to do any set-up for this feature.
Improved Look of myFolio
We have continued the visual refresh of myFolio from last year and have made some changes:
- Cleaner, more consistent look across the pages of the platform.
- Improved responsiveness, so myFolio looks and works even better on phones and tablets.
- New, more consistent icons.
- The link to the employee’s Profile has been moved to a menu item (“Profile”) under their picture/name in the upper right.
- New look to the Employee Profile page.
Improvements to Goals Check-in
We’ve added the additional check-in options of “Weekly” and “One-time.”
Year End Summary Insights Improvements
- Improved Filtering
- Notes and now grouped by the custom Year End Summary form.
- Improved export of Note content to CSV
- The display of the Goals Insights fields has been improved.
- Exports Goals from the Goals Insights page now includes more fields.
support.foliocollaborative.org | firstname.lastname@example.org of