As part of a winter platform update, the Folio Collaborative released the following improvements and new features to myFolio. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (800) 452-5078 Ext. 1.
Improvements to Themes
- You can now order the Themes list on the Homepage.
- An icon you associate with the Theme will now appear next to the Theme on the Homepage.
- School Themes are more clearly separated from myFolio Categories in the Themes/Categories drop-down list.
Improvements to Notes
- Conversation and Observation Notes can now be "Self-reflective.'
- Collaborators and Workspace Collaborators now Appear in "Met-with" Drop-down.
Community Posts Email Digest
- You can now subscribe to an email digest of your school's Community Posts!
Themes can now be ordered, and that order will be reflected on the Homepage and wherever Themes are listed. A Theme with the rank of 1 will be listed at the top.
The image you specify with the Theme now shows on the Homepage.
School Themes and myFolio Categories and are more clearly delineated in the Themes drop-down.
Conversation and Observation Notes can now be “self-reflective”, meaning you do not have to select someone from the “Met with” drop-down.
Workspace Collaborators and Members are now listed in the “Met with” drop-down when you are creating a Note.
When you sign into myFolio, you will see a message about the new Community Posts Email Digest.
Click the link and you will be taken to the Manage Email Preferences page. Select "Weekly" and you will start receiving a weekly digest of Community Posts at your school late every Friday. If there were no new community posts that week you will not receive an email.
Here is what the digest email looks like. It will have a count of posts per theme, as well as a list of the topics of posts for the week.
If you have dismissed the banner and would like to subscribe to the digest, you can do that from the Manage Email Preferences page. To reach the page, click the gear icon in the top menu.
Then click Email Preferences to reach the Manage Email Preferences page.
Article is closed for comments.