Groups and Group Viewers
Group Builder allows you to add new groups and manage the faculty and staff members assigned to new or existing groups. Groups allow people with the role of Group Viewer to view the profile, notes and survey data for employees who are not their direct reports. Group membership is indicated on the employee’s Profile page and supervisor's Roll Call page.
Note: Users may belong to multiple groups and compare their survey data with any group data for which they are a Group Member.
Create a New Group
- In myFolio, click Manage, then Group Builder.
- On the Group Builder page, Click the + New Group button.
- Type a name for the new Group.
- Click the drop down arrow to select the larger group to which your new group belongs, if necessary. (This allows you to create a hierarchical Group structure, similar to Supervisor Assignment.)
- Click an employee from the Faculty/Staff window on the right to add them to your new group (A check mark will appear. Click the employee again to deselect).
- Click the drop-down to filter by groups or search by name to find them.
- To save the new Group, once you have added the members you intent, click Save Group.
Add/remove Members to/from an existing Group
- Click the name of the Group to be edited.
- Click an employee from the Faculty/Staff window on the right to add them to the existing group.
- A check mark will appear to indicate the employee is a group member.
- To remove an employee from the Group, . click the employee again to uncheck the Group Member.)
- You can click the drop-down to filter by groups or search by name to find employees.
- To save the changes to the Group, click Save Group.
Importing Group Members Using a CSV File
You cal also add or remove members of Groups by exporting a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file (it’s like an Excel or Numbers file), make updates to it and then import it to save the changes.
1. Create the Groups you to which you want to add Members. You don't have to add any member when you create the Group(s), you can add members using the CSV file.
2. Click the Export button on the Group Builder page.
4. When you have finished making changes to the CSV file (adding/removing members), save it as a CSV file somewhere on your computer when you can find it.
5. in myFolio, on the Group Builder page, click the Import button.
6. On the Group Importer page, click choose file to upload the CSV file.
7. Click Preview to review the changes.
8. Click Finialize to save the changes.
Assigning Group Viewers
Assigning Group Viewers allows you to grant profile, notes and Survey visibility to myFolio users who fall outside of a Direct Report’s supervisory chain. For example:
A Middle School technology coordinator is also a history teacher, and a swim coach.
The Middle School Head will have visibility as part of Supervisor Assignment.
The Head of the Athletics Dept. and the Director of Technology are granted visibility to this user’s profile and surveys through being assigned as Group Viewers. Visibility of profile, notes, etc. is indicated Visibility Widget on Homepage and in the School Directory..
Groups can have more than one Group Viewer.
Note: Create Groups and add users to groups using the Group Builder before you assign Group Viewers.
Assign/Remove a Group Viewer:
- In myFolio, click Manage, then Group Viewers.
- From the Group Viewer page, click the group on the left hand side to assign/remove a Group Viewer.
- Once the pop-up is displayed, click a Viewer from the window on the right to assign to your group (A check mark will appear. Click the Viewer again to deselect).
- You may assign one or more Viewers to a Group
- Click "Save Viewers" when complete
Article is closed for comments.