Professional Development Approval for Supervisors and Additional Approvers
myFolio has a way to track faculty and staff professional development items (conferences, books, etc.) An approval workflow for these PD items can be configured by your school’s myFolio Admin.
Faculty and staff can submit a PD item for approval.
The approval process can be set up in one of three ways:
Only supervisor approval.
Only a designated approver (one or more Folio user(s) can be set as an approver).
Supervisor approval first, then a designated approver.
We have added a notification icon that will indicate PDs awaiting approval, or for the submitter, PDs that have been rejected.
- In addition, Supervisors/Approvers recieve an email notifying them of the approval request, with details of the request.
The PD Insights page has been updated, so PD items can be summarized by approval status.
We have added a customizable question field to the Professional Development page so that schools can ask “Will you require a substitute?”, “Please list travel costs.”, etc.
How to Approve a Professional Development Item Submitted for Approval
As a supervisor or additional approver, you will see a number next to the notification bell in Folio indicating a PD item is available for approval.
Clicking on the bell will show the list of PDs awaiting approval.
Steps to approve a Professional Development item:
- Click the notification bell to show the list of PDs awaiting approval.
- Click on the particular PD you would like to review.
- You can approve, or not approve and provide feedback on the PD.
- The feedback field is particularly important when a PD is rejected, so the submitter knows why it was rejected, or what additional information could be provided to support approval.
You can monitor the status of the PD (Pending Submission, Submitted for Approval, Rejected and Approved) from the individual users’ Professional Development page.
You can also use the Professional Development Insights page to filter for approved, rejected, etc. PDs.
If a PD is rejected, the user that submitted the PD will see a notification by the notification bell.