Professional Development Approval Process for Faculty and Staff
myFolio has a way to track faculty and staff professional development items (conferences, books, etc.) An approval workflow for these PD items can be configured by your school’s myFolio Admin.
Faculty and staff can submit a PD item for approval.
The approval process can be set up in one of three ways:
Only supervisor approval.
Only a designated approver (one or more Folio user(s) can be set as an approver).
Supervisor approval first, then a designated approver.
We have added a notification icon that will indicate PDs awaiting approval, or for the submitter, PDs that have been rejected.
The PD Insights page has been updated, so PD items can be summarized by approval status.
We have added a customizable question field to the Professional Development page so that schools can ask “Will you require a substitute?”, “Please list travel costs.”, etc.
How to submit a Professional Development Item for Approval
Here are the steps to submit a PD item for approval:
- First create the PD item, filling out as many fields as possible. After you have saved the PD, you will be taken to your list of PDs.
- On your Professional Development page, find the one you would like to submit, and click the “Submit for Approval” button.
- You can monitor the status of the PD (Pending Submission, Submitted for Approval, Rejected and Approved) from the Professional Development page.
- You can also use the Professional Development Insights page to filter for approved, rejected, etc. PDs.
- If a PD is rejected, you will see a notification by the notification bell.